Wow! How lovely. Debby over at Debby SEO nominated me for the Mystery Blogger Award and I love it — thank you Debby.
Debby SEO offer budget search engine optimization services and free SEO tools so you can increase your organic rankings. They say “We are the Unicorn among a sea of donkey SEOs.” They’ve been providing resources for actionable SEO and content marketing since 1998. So if you’re in need of SEO expertise help, why don’t you pop on over for a chat
Here are the rules:
- Put the award logo / image on your blog
- List the rules
- Thank whoever nominated you and put a link to their blog – Carol at https://mentalhealthfromtheotherside.com/
- Mention the creator of the award
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- Answer the questions provided by whoever nominated you
- Nominate 10-20 bloggers
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees 5 questions of your choice with 1 weird or funny question
- Share a link to your best post
This award was created by Okoto Enigma
Three things about me
- I was a Human Resource Manager for many years prior to having a lengthy psychotic depression. During my recovery I first trained in massage then studied full-time to become a mental health nurse, followed by further studies because I always felt like I didn’t know enough. However, I went on to have a successful and very rewarding career in mental health nursing before becoming a Ward Manager which, to me, was the best job in the world. Never a dull moment and very humbling, working with some amazing patients and fantastic colleagues.
- I was a single parent to two amazing grown up sons who also loved to study and are both doing well in their medical careers. Proud mummy moment 🙂
- In 2011, I was struck down with a rare neurological disorder (Transverse Myelitis), which meant medical retirement from the job I loved. Of course, I’m mad at having the disorder, along with mental ill health but hey, what can you do? As my sons say “Mama, life – is – life!
Now we turn to the questions set by Debby
1) Have you ever smiled at a stranger and then wished you hadn’t? Why or why not? Oh, I’ve smiled massively at many a stranger, believing I knew them — then realising I didn’t — they must have thought “Who is that mad woman, grinning at me like a Cheshire cat?”
2) What is your favorite SEO plugin for WordPress? Do you fully understand SEO’s and their functions or benefits? My plan doesn’t allow for plugins 🙁 And nope, I don’t understand fully SEO’s and their functions or benefits.
3) If you could shop for free at any store, which store would you choose and why? It would have to be Selfridges for me because they sell almost anything and everything I need or want — from the franchises that sell clothes to the furniture department. I could shop there all day!
4) If you could make one thing illegal, what would it be? Walking on the wrong side. Aaarrgghhhhh! In the UK, we always used to keep to the left but now, particularly in London, people just bombard you on the stairs down in the tube stations. What happened to good old fashioned manners and stick to walking on the left? It’s not difficult!
5) Have you ever had SEO work done, and if so were you happy with the results? If you did the work yourself how did you do? Nope, never. I wouldn’t know where to start.
Okay, now for my questions
- Have you or anyone you know experienced psychosis? If so, would you tell us a little bit about it please? If not, what is your understanding of psychosis?
- What do you think you would do if you suddenly started to hear voices that no one else hears or see things that no one else can see?
- What would you say or do if your best friend told you he/she felt suicidal?
- Is there anything you need/want to know about mental illness or recovery?
- What would you do if you thought you’d never get caught?
My nominations for the Mystery Blogger Award
- Greg Dennison at Don’t Let The Days Go By
- Ann Hedonia at Heavy Mental
- Lily at Better Than Yesterday
- Casey at This Bipolar Brat
- Willow at Back again
My best post to date
My journey through psychotic depression, which is part of a series and you can read Part IV here.
Thanks again for reading this post ’til the end, I love you guys, if you are reading this and haven’t subscribed yet make sure to press the “follow”. This way you don’t miss out on new posts. In the meantime, I’m happy to read any comments and answer your questions.
Note: Is anyone else having problems with WordPress lately? I’m unable to ‘like’ or comment on lots of blogs.
Best wishes and stay safe,