Yay, Ceridwen from Illuminating the fools mirror nominated me for a Sunshine Blogger Award! So thank you, thank you, thank you. I’m thrilled to receive Ceridwen’s nomination and if you’re not already familiar with her blog, fairy tales and mythology galore, pop on over there now. Ceridwen loves all things spiritual, astronomy, paleontology and anything paranormal — just don’t mention UFOs.
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog so others can find them.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
- Notify the nominees about it by commenting on one of their blog posts.
- List the rules and display a Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or your blog site.
Questions from Ceridwen
- What kinds of music do you like? Oh wow, that’s a biggie cos I love all things 60’s 70’s, 80’s and 90’s but I have a thing for the old Country & Western – Tammy Wynette, Patsy Cline, Johnny Cash…. still love reggae and would go again to see Tom Jones, Rod Stewart and Van the man Morrison, David Bowie, Madness, Adele… I could go on…….
- What’s one thing you would absolutely never eat? Yew… tripe, brains and hearts, things like that. I’ve eaten lots of food from around the world but the thought of chewing on lump white stuff, grey matter, atria, veins and ventricles 🤢🤢🤢
- What is a language you don’t currently speak but wish you could? Mmm, fluent Spanish would be good but I have to admit, I’m not that motivated.
- Would you rather live in a city, a small town, or alone in the woods? Alone in the woods? Nah! The thought’s great but in reality I would be terrified. I’ve loved the City of London for so long and “When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford.” — said Samuel Johnson. So for now, it’s the city.
- Is there anything you cannot currently change about your blog that you wish you could? Arrgghhh! — don’t start me off. The technical side drives me nuts i.e. analytics, SEO. I have no idea.
- If you had shape-shifting powers, would you rather be able to change into any specific human being or any type of animal? I suppose I’d like to sit in the Queens chair — but only or a day, just to see if it suits me 😉 so it’s a human being.
- Which would you rather watch, a sunrise or a sunset? I love ’em both but the best ever sunrise I saw was when we stayed at Mount Masada in Israel – with a gorgeous Danish boy – it was so romantic. I was on a Kibbutz for a year when I was a teenager.
- If you could name a star, what would you call it? It would have to be Hannah, our stepdad’s surname that I took when mum remarried. I have two boys and they’re the only ones who’ll carry on his name.
- Where does the line between adventure and danger lie for you? Ooh, I’m getting older now and what I used to love as adventure, I might now see as danger i.e. hitch-hiking through Israel and Egypt, being picked up by army trucks — it felt so safe then.
- Would you ever go to Mars? Mmm, adventure or danger? If I could go for a few days and come back safely 🙂
- What fairy tale/mythological role do you see yourself in? If none, make up a new one! Maybe Cinderella at the ball and I’d make sure I got that damn prince! 🤴👑👸
There are so many blogs that I love and bloggers who I believe deserve this award and I couldn’t possibly pick out eleven favourites. So — I’d love everyone who wants to participate, to answer my questions, particularly new bloggers — I think it’s a really great way of getting to know a bit more about our fellow-bloggers.
- Who would be your hero, dead or alive, real or fictional?
- Tell us about your blog?
- What’s your favourite film and why?
- Do you have a funny family tale that gets retold every celebration, Christmas?
- Tattoos or not?
- Flip flops or sandals
- Over or under? Think toilet paper.
- Where in the world is your favourite place and why?
- What and where was your favourite concert or gig?
- What’s currently in the news or trending where you live?
- How do you (try to) relax? Do you have any tips?
I never get bored of this type of Award cos I find other bloggers questions and and answer so interesting. It’s a bit of fun too. What’s your thoughts on Awards? Love ’em or leave ’em?