I’d like to thank EsmeSalon for nominitating mental health from the other side for the Sunshine Blogger Award — which I’m delighted to accept. Please go and read all about Esme , as her blog really has a lot to offer.
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
This award is given by bloggers to fellow bloggers who are creative, positive and inspiring while spreading sunshine to the blogging community. Now, if you don’t know me, or want to know me better, please keep reading!
Sunshine Blogger Award Rules
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blogging site.
- List the Sunshine Blogger Award rules and display the logo on your site.
- Answer the Sunshine Blogger Award questions.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
- Notify the nominees about their nominations.
Esme’s Sunshine Blogger Award Questions
- What is your proudest blogging achievement? Oh, there are many. But I felt so proud when I actually got views and comments on my blog, I was never sure that anyone would be interested in what I had to say.
- If your five-year-old self suddenly occupies your body, what would the first thing be that your five-year-old self will do? I would pull myself up to my full five year old size, stare my dad right in the eyes and tell him “Don’t hit my mum ever again!”
- Would you rather always be 10 minutes late or always be 20 minutes early? While I’m always 10 minutes or more late, I really need to make the effort to be early or at least on time.
- Which fictional character would be the most boring to meet in real life? For me it would have to be something like a superhero – I’ve had to endure hundreds of hours watching them with our 4 year old grandson.
- You’ve been given a genie lamp – what three wishes are you asking the genie to grant? Sounds selfish but I have Transverse Myelitis and I’d ask for my physical health back, I’d also ask for worldwide peace — for our grandchildren and all the unborn babies, and one wish came true yesterday when democracy won and Britain left the EU; regardless of whether it’s what I wanted, but the people voted.
- What is the meaning behind your blog name? It was a bit of a play on personal experience of mental ill-health and a mental health nurse perspective. In hindsight, perhaps I should have called it mental health from both sides? What do you think? Can I change it now?
- Do you collect anything and if so what and why? No, unless you count clutter.
- Do you write in your books? No, never. I like them to stay neat and clean. At uni, I used to use a highlighter pen for important bits, then I realised I was highlighting almost everything.
- What is your most used app on your phone/tablet? It would have to be my kindle app as that’s where I do most of my reading now.
- Name a musical instrument/s you play/played. Haha. We all used to drive my mum nuts when we were learning to play instruments in primary school – my big sister played the trombone, I played (that’s questionable) the recorder and my youngest sister played the bagpipes (we are Scottish).
- What is the dumbest way you’ve been injured? I stood on the toilet to reach a shelf when I was young and fell down, getting my foot caught in the u-bend and I split my tongue when my chin bashed onto the cistern. I was always known to stick my tongue out when I was concentrating.
My Sunshine Blogger Award Questions
- What influenced the name of your blog?
- How long have you been blogging and how are you finding it?
- Who would your blog appeal to or who would you like your blog to appeal to?
- Tell us about your most current job and one thing you liked/disliked about it?
- What’s the last book you read about?
- Tell us two truths and one lie (just for fun) about you?
- Who was your last conversation with and what was it about?
- Who would you like to have dinner with, dead or alive, and why?
- When was your last belly-laugh and what was so funny?
- Where, when and who was your last picnic.
- What would you do if you found a £50 ($ or €) note?
My Nominees for the Sunshine Blogger Award
- Pete at Stroke survivor
- Liz at my well being and learning journey
- living with my anxiety
- Jess at beyond the front cover
- Sadie at Blushy ginger
- Ceridwen at Illuminating the fools Mirror
- Angie at mama coffee chat
- Greg at Don’t Let The Days Go By
- Lisa at steering through mental health
- Michelle at wondrous universe
- Shelly Ann at shesinspired
I’ve nominated the above bloggers for various reasons. Some are new and it would be great if you could wander on over to take a look at their blogs.
Of course, you’re under no obligation to accept, although I do hope this nomination will mean something to you, and I’d sincerely appreciate it if you do accept it. This is my way to say that I care about each of you, I love your blogs and I wish to give credit where credit is due, as you are exceptional bloggers and deserve The Sunshine Blogger Award!
If anyone else would like to make use of this, share a post on their blog and link back to this post, be my guest and I’d be delighted if you do. It’s a great way of meeting fellow-bloggers. Just follow the rules.